Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Unpleasant Sensations

Unpleasant sensations is a good way to describe what has been happening to my left leg these past months. It is a combination of various kinds of pain and assorted different feelings like numbness, itching and burning sensations. All of them unpleasant. 

I've been to the doctor a few times over the past couple of years to have my hip checked out. This included a visit with a spine doctor from UB Neurology. Initially they thought it was arthritis flaring up in my hip but some scans have shown that I have a bulging disc in my spine that is causing discomfort and these unpleasant sensations because of nerve pressure on my left leg.

Maybe this is something I will be living with for the rest of my life. This problem is certainly not as bad as what a lot of other folks my age and even younger are going through all the time. It's just that I'm not used to it but I will probably need to get used to it.

No comments: