Saturday, March 30, 2024

Dinner @ Dave & Donna's

David and Donna usually have their Polish version of Easter dinner on Easter Sunday but this year there were some scheduling conflicts and they had the dinner party on Saturday evening instead. That was fine for us as we weren't going anywhere. We probably would have been in Philly with Kate and the kids if not for my recent eye surgeries.

It was a wonderful meal as usual with that Polish flair. I had a big plate full of the pork schnitzel, grilled Polish sausages, kraut and potato perogies and a lot of other stuff including some nice veggies including a good green beans dish. Becky made an asparagus and peppers dish. I wish I took a photo of my full plate.

We left with a big container of leftovers too. 

Of course there was the Gaspar Special desert table that was a big hit as always. There were some amazing deserts laid out there including Becky's chocolate chip cookies with M&Ms on the top. Donna had an assortment of her great cookies and there was a nice pile of candies too.

There were a lot of people there. 18 all total. I had lots of nice conversations. I spent a lot of time with Tom and sat next to him at dinner. We talked a lot and I could see and feel his struggles. Diane wasn't there because she was recovering from a medical procedure. Eric brought Tom to the dinner and drove him home afterward. I had a nice talk with Joe and Lori. Joe wants to be included the next time me and Dave walk down to the PM for a couple of beers. I had a talk with Any and her daughter Natalie who is 15 now. We talked about music and Natalie is getting into it just like her mother. I asked her about her favorite new band and she immediately said boygenius and was surprised when I said I had albums by the three members of that supergroup... Phoebe Bridges, Julian Baker and that my favorite was Lucy Dacus. I then asked her what her favorite old band was and she immediately said The Velvet Underground. She was very excited when I said I saw them a couple of times in concert back in the 60's and I had all their albums. Amy was excited too.

I had fun hanging outside with Dave and Joe while Dave was grilling the sausage.





No comments: