Saturday, March 2, 2024

PM w/ Dave

Last night Dave and I walked down to the Parkside Meadow to have a couple of beers and talk. We met down at the corner and walked together up to the bar on Parkside Avenue. I thought it might be crowded and we got there at 6:30 pm on this nice Friday night. It's Lent too and this place is always busy on fish fry night but last night it was mobbed. Every table was full and so was the bar where we were looking to sit down.

The owner Nancy saw us come in and she immediately came over to me and I told her we were just stopping by for a couple of beers and not there for dinner. She got us a couple of seats at the bar by asking some other people to move their stools around a bit. So we ended up with the last two seats in the place.

We had a very nice time sitting there talking about all kinds of things. We hadn't had the opportunity for just the two of us to sit and talk at any length of time. We really enjoyed ourselves there and didn't leave until a little before 9 pm. By that time the place had cleared out significantly in the dining room although the bar was still crowded.

Dave and I started out with a pint of Narragansett Lager which is a very drinkable lager. I stuck with it all evening while Dave tried a couple of other brews. Overall the PM doesn't have a good selection of beers that change or rotate. Actually I don't think the lineup of draft beers has changed in at least three years and probably longer. Same with the bottled beers. 

We enjoyed our time there and did run into some folks I knew. One guy in particular who served with on the PCA board was happy to see Dave. I had connected them together when Mike needed some help fixing a computer problem.

Becky and I don't go there very much because we really don't like eating there. The only thing I will order is the fish fry. Everything else I think is not near as good as so many other restaurants we have in town but they somehow do get their crowds on Friday nights. 

No comments: