Saturday, March 9, 2024

More Prepping for Eye Surgery

Today I got a couple of phone calls from medical staff concerning my upcoming eye surgery next week. Yesterday I also got a packet of information about the surgery. And then I got my text notice from Walgreen's telling me my eye drop medications for the surgery were ready to pick up. Getting busy prepping for my cataract surgery. Both eyes but a week apart. Right eye on Wednesday April 13 and the left eye on Wednesday April 20. They were both scheduled for 10:30 am at the surgery center in West Seneca. 

The photo here is a chart for eye drop medications that was included in the packet of info I received in the mail yesterday. The first phone call today was from the surgery coordinator who asked a series of medical questions all of which I answered previously in the lead up to these surgeries. 

Last week I was contacted about post-operative follow-up appointment with the surgeon the day after the surgeries. So I have those doctor visits scheduled for 12:30 on the Thursday following each surgery at the Ross Eye Southtowns office in Orchard Park. Another long drive. I tried to get them to move the appointments to their Northtown office but down there is where the surgeon will be on those days.

The second phone call today happened while Becky and I were on our afternoon walk and the surgery coordinator was changing the surgery time on both days from 10:30 to 6:00 am. The reason was their concern for my Malignant Hyperthermia susceptibility from some anesthesia chemicals that are commonly used in surgeries. They knew about the MH in my medical history but they decided to be extra cautious and have me be the first patient of the day for surgery to make sure there is no possibility of chemical contamination in their system. So now we need to get up very early and get on the road around 5:15 am to make sure we get there on time at 6. 

Today Becky made a dry run down to the surgery center after her time at the studio. She wanted to make sure she was familiar with the route because on the mornings of the surgeries it will still be dark. She felt good about the trip and is ready for next week.

No comments: