Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Mary's Art Opening

Today Becky and I went up to SUNY Niagara College for Mary Begley's art opening of her show at the Dolce Valvo Art Center. The title of the show was "From the Forest Floor to the Ether"

She and Becky were in the graduate school MFA program together at UB in the late 1980's. 

We saw lots of people we knew at the show.  I had nice conversations with Pete & Barb, Al, Kate P, Barb B, Gerry M, Mary C, 

Doty came up to me. I really didn't recognize her as it has been about twenty years since I saw her. I first met her in 1979 when I first came to live in Buffalo. She played bass in The Stains.

When we were leaving and getting into the car I saw Cheryl and she was going off in the wrong direction. Her car was parked next to ours and she came back to get some flowers she had for Mary. I said hi but she didn't recognize me at first probably because I had a hat on and wasn't wearing my glasses. I told her where the art opening was but she still went off in the wrong direction with the flowers. I guess she would eventually find Mary and the gallery.

Our drive up there and back wasn't too bad. There was no snow on the way up but coming back it snowed a lot but fortunately it wasn't sticking. It was just messy. Overall we had a wonderful afternoon.

No comments: