Monday, March 4, 2024

Another Shoulder Visit

I had another appointment today with Dr. Daye's Orthopedic Surgery Office. I had a CT scan two weeks earlier and this was my scan evaluation session with Dr. Daye. I thought I was seeing a PA like last time but when she came in the room to see me I was a little nervous as her specialty is as a surgeon.

She examined me and we talked about my healing process, physical therapy and medications. She said this more detailed scan, the last time was an X-ray, showed more of the damage to my shoulder. Apparently there was some cartilage broken apart and shifted about in my should which was causing pain and discomfort. Over time it would probably settle down in place and not cause me more problems but the possibility of further problems is there. She said surgery would fix the problem by removing the torn cartilage but I was not there yet. She recommended that we wait for another couple of months and let the shoulder healing process happen. We made an appointment in mid-May to look again at my shoulder.

In the meantime I would continue to do the PT exercises and take pain killers as needed although we ended the anti-inflammatory meds. 

No comments: