Thursday, March 14, 2024

Post Op 1

Today I had my post op appointment with my surgeon. This time we had to drive down to the Ross Eye Center in Orchard Park because that is where the surgeon was on the day following surgery. Apparently that is his MO. He had quite a few surgeries yesterday and all of the people were in that waiting room with me.

The appointment was for 12:45 and we got down there a little early. Fortunately the route was the same as yesterday but just about 10 miles further down the road. We were checked in and in the waiting room by 12:30. Just a few minutes after that I was called into the nurse station where she took down all my information about how I was after the surgery. She also checked my eyes and gave me an eye exam. After I was done with her I was led to another waiting room where I spent a little more time waiting to see the doctor.

I saw him about 1:15 which wasn't bad considering how busy the medical center and he in particular. The exam was fairly short but he did closely exam my eye. He said everything was fine and we would see me again next week. I had a few questions which he answered for me. He also assured me that I would not need to wear regularly wear glasses anymore but maybe for reading. I would also need to wear that eye protector for a week after the surgery which means I will be wearing that thing in bed for two weeks. 

I'll be taking those drops every day for five weeks. The only real discomfort I've had since the surgery has been a sore finger which is a little bruised. The vein coming from that finger was the one they used for the port in my had for the anesthesia drugs. Who would have thought. 

Last evening Katie did a video call with the kids. First Violet saw me and looked very perturbed that I wasn't wearing my glasses. Then Clara said hi but immediately asked me where were my glasses. Henry looked at me and asked if I was feeling alright.

No comments: