Friday, March 29, 2024

Some Bad Wine

We had Becky's cousin over an evening last week. She stopped by for a couple of hours and brought a bottle of wine. She was excited about bringing a bottle of Barefoot merlot. That brand is a well known bad wine but is cheap.

Becky was drinking some soda water and I had an NA beer. Val had two glasses of wine. I had no desire to have any of that wine. The bottle sat on the counter for a week without either of us touching it. I was tempted a couple of times because I generally like red wine but I opened the cork and the wine smelled bad. 

There was a lot left in the bottle. We should have had Val take it home with her but we just were not thinking about the wine when she was leaving. It was just going to go really bad sitting around the house. I took this photo and then I poured it down the sink. It really did stink and I had to flush the sink with lots of hot water. Then I took the empty bottle outside and put it in the recycle container.

I remember that at our neighborhood weekly Wine on Wednesday get togethers it is always a joke when someone brings a bottle of Barefoot. It doesn't happen very often but people do tend to avoid those bottles. It's some kind of joke that on their bottles they have a slogan... "Most Awarded Wine Brand". LOL.

No comments: