Sunday, October 22, 2023

Sunday Morning Kitchen Listening - Nanci Griffith

It's been just a little over two years passed away at the age of 68. I very much enjoy listening to her music and I am doing so right. I've been thinking about her recently because there has been a lot of promotion of a new release titled Working In Corner. It is a collection of her first four albums that were on independent labels before she signed with MCA. I have all of those albums but this new set may have some extra music. 

There has also been a lot of promotion and social media comments concerning the new tribute album of the songs of Nanci Griffith by various artists that came out last month. More Than A Whisper: Celebrating The Music Of Nanci Griffith is a wonderful album and I've been listening to it on Spotify. 

Today right now I'm listening to her live album. I saw her perform once at the Philly Folk Festival and she was amazing. Maybe I'll put that tribute album on again later today.

No comments: