Friday, October 20, 2023

Raft of Sanity Art Opening

After our dinner at Roost we drove down Niagara Street a few blocks to the Raft of Sanity art gallery located in the old Better Wire building where I worked 1979-1981. It's always weird to walk through those spaces again. The show was for a former colleague of Becky from the UB Art Dept Richard Reitzenstein. Becky had a nice time talking with so many people she used to work with. I knew a lot of people there too and we spent a good hour and a half socializing which by that time had us exhausted. We're just not used to talking with people so much for such an extended period of time. I had a couple of glasses of red wine tonight which helped me keep the conversations going. I had quite of few long discussions with several people tonight. It also came up a few times about me working in this building so many years ago and being able to identify where my office and desk was located by looking at the view out the window. Now my old office is surrounded by artwork.

Every time I go into the Raft of Sanity and get a little weird vibes of insanity because of the two years I spent in that building and the strange times there. A lot happened during that time but that's another story. I wrote about Better Wire a couple of times.  The Better Wire Building 40 Years Later

No comments: