Friday, October 27, 2023

Believe in Ghost - 39%

I saw a statistic on the news that stated 39% of Americans believe in ghosts. That's more than those that believe in Trump. I looked up those stats and found that some surveys have 57% of Americans believing in ghosts. Another 39% believe in aliens and UFOs while still another 40% believe in demons. Well, only 13% of Americans believe in vampires.

Apparently these kinds of surveys are done every year just before Halloween. It probably doesn't mean very much. It is also noted that these beliefs have been prevalent in America for centuries. Less people these days are religious in America but the belief in the supernatural continues at the same percentages.

I believe in ghosts but not in any sort of religious way. Rather I see the phenomenon as a glimpse into a parallel world or multiverse. That is another story and another post.

When I was a teenager I also saw a UFO along with a group of other people. We followed it down the street for a couple of blocks as it hovered over us moving slowly before it suddenly took off in a silent flash of light. This was 1966 or 67.

No comments: