Friday, December 4, 2020

Time for a Celebration

Today we learned that our new grandchild due in the spring is a boy and knowing the gender of a baby seems to make everything so much more real. So tonight I have a Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada.

I always look forward to having a Celebration Dry Hopped IPA each year. They arrive in November and by Thanksgiving I've usually had a few. This year was a little different because I haven't been out in the stores and seeing it on the shelf. Becky did pick up a 6 pack for me recently. 

So when we heard from Sean and Ashley today I was able to drink one of the Celebrations. I just wish I could share one in person with Sean. Last year we had my birthday dinner with Sean and Ashley at Trattoria Aroma and Sean and I shared some grappa at the end of the night.

So Becky and I are very excited about this new baby boy coming into the family. The fire engine in the photo belonged to Sean and was one of his favorite toys. Now it is also one of Henry's favorite toys when he comes to visit us. He knows we keep it on a shelf in the closet and he will ask to see it while doing a video chat call. Now Clara is starting to ask to see it too. 

The kids also like to play with Gumby too.

No comments: