Monday, March 13, 2023

The Last of Us

The Last of Us. Another zombie apocalypse television series. This time on HBO Max which is where I watched it. The series is based on a video game.

The show has had a lot of press and promotion but I thought it was significantly overrated, disjointed and violent for the sake of. Maybe that's why so many people liked it. It's been one of the most popular shows in the history of HBO.

There were nine episodes and I did watch them all so there must have been something about it that I liked and kept me going back to it. I guess I was thinking that it was going to get better and live up to the hype. The story takes place in a post-apocalyptic America twenty years after a fungal infected global pandemic has wiped out most of the world's population.

I've always liked watching apocalyptic television shows and movies and zombie stories in particular going back to The Night of the Living Dead. This one had all the great special effects of a good science fiction show and the acting was pretty good although I thought Pedro Pascal was extremely overrated. 

There is a second season in the works but I'm not in any hurry to watch it but I probably will and hoping the show improves.

No comments: