Sunday, March 5, 2023

Is It Like Today - Covers FV

Here is another mix in my Covers Final Version series. This is a redo of a covers mix I put together about five years ago. Most of it is the same so why did it need to be redone. It didn't but since I was doing a reboot of the covers mix series I expanded it a little and did some tweaking but it's basically the same mix. I still added the again to the title. Lots of great cover versions here.

The mix runs an hour and a half and here is the Spotify link for a listen.

Is It Like Today - Covers FV

  1. Is It Like Today – Eliza Gilkyson (World Party)
  2. The District Sleeps Alone Tonight – Birdy (The Postal Service)
  3. Famous Blue Raincoat – Marissa Nadler (Leonard Cohen)
  4. In The City – Katy Goodman & Greta Morgan (The Jam)
  5. Tell My Why – Minnie Driver (Neil Young)
  6. You Won’t See Me – Dar Williams (The Beatles)
  7. I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever) – Angie Stone (Stevie Wonder)
  8. Breakdown – Grace Jones (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers)
  9. Moon Shadow – Labelle (Cat Stevens)
  10. Nothing But A Heartache – The Detroit Cobras (The Flirtations)
  11. Be My Baby – Aaron Neville (The Ronettes)
  12. Bold As Love – Pretenders (Jimi Hendrix)
  13. Please Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood – Meshell Ndegeocello (The Animals)
  14. Piece Of My Heart – Janis Joplin (Erma Franklin)
  15. Bell Bottom Blues – Matthew Sweet (Derek & The Dominos)
  16. Lovesong – Adele (The Cure)
  17. Pastime Paradise – Patti Smith (Stevie Wonder)
  18. Blowin’ In The Wind – Stevie Wonder (Bob Dylan)
  19. #9 Dream – R.E.M. (John Lennon)
  20. Subterranean Homesick Blues – The Walkmen (Bob Dylan)
  21. I Am A Rock – The Church (Simon & Garfunkel)
  22. Not A Young Man Anymore – Dean & Britta (Velvet Underground)



No comments: