Tuesday, March 14, 2023

March Madness - Another Year

Once again it is time for March Madness. I've been watching a few games the past few weeks as the regular college basketball season has come to an end and the conference tournaments have played out. I'm a little disappointed this year in the field of brackets because there are very few teams I have any interest in playing in this year's tournament. There are also no teams from the Philadelphia area or Western New York to root for. No Syracuse either. Well, Pitt and Penn State are playing and there are a few other teams that interest me such as UConn, Marquette, Gonzaga and Xavier but not many more.

I've had a subscription to ESPN+ since early December when they had a special promotion going on and it was good for watching a wide selection of games including Canisius and Niagara. On our usual Sling TV channels I've been able to watch games from the Big East and the A10 which are probably the two conferences I would pick to watch. Overall thought I've not watched as many college basketball games these past few years as I've done it the past which is probably part of my overall decline in interest in sports on TV.

I will watch some of the games coming up. The First Four play-in games are being shown on TruTV which I have access to on Sling. The Pitt game is later tonight. Then on Thursday the main tournament begins with the games being shown on TruTV, TBS, TNT and CBS. Between Sling and Paramount+ we have access to all of the games with the final weekend on shown on CBS. I'll watch what I can when I can.

Then there is also the women's tournament and the NIT that is all part of March Madness. I'm looking forward to seeing how Villanova does in the NIT but it's been a bad year for them overall.

No comments: