Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Hour of the Assassin - A Very Quick Read

Last night I finished reading my first Michael Quirk novel Hour of the Assassin written in 2020. I downloaded the e-book from the library on Monday evening and started reading it before going to bed. I think this was the fastest I've ever read a book in my life. The hardbound copy is 352 pages so while not a large epic it is also not a slim volume. I was reading like crazy because I just couldn't put this well written and extraordinary fast paced political thriller down. I've read a lot of books in this genre over the years and this was probably the best.

I went online to see if I could get his novel The Night Agent but all copies were checked out. I put a hold on it but was the 24th person in line and the estimated time to get a copy was about 10 weeks. So I downloaded this book to hold me over and get a feel for Quirk as an author. I had just binged-watched The Night Agent on Netflix but that is another story.

Now I'll look for some of his other novels.

No comments: