Sunday, March 5, 2023

A Remote Revival

I'm not dead yet. The formerly dead remote had a revival. Now it works fine after we bought a replacement remote. So now we have two working remotes and one is a backup. I wrote about the TV remote control problem about a month ago here.

So what happened? When we got the new remote I took the old one that wasn't working anymore and set it on the dining room windowsill with the solar panel charging and forgot about it. About a week or so later I took a look at it thinking I was going to throw it away and saw that the red charging light was on. I took it over to the television and tried it but there was still no response... but that red light was on so something was happening. Then I plugged in the charger and let it sit for a couple of days. Then I tried it and it works fine. The television responds perfectly to the remote controls on this previously dead device. It had revived.

We're using the new battery remote for our everyday use and the old revived solar remote sits on the table with the solar panel facing up. It's our backup but I don't really trust it completely but it doesn't matter because we have the old standard battery charged remote too. 

No comments: