Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Robert Gordon RIP

I was sad to hear that neo-rockabilly revivalist Robert Gordon passed away today at the age of 75. I always enjoyed his albums and especially those early ones with Link Wray. I played them a lot during my bar DJ record spinning years back in the day. 

A lot of the regulars in the Pastime liked it when I played this stuff. They knew the songs and having Link Wray playing his killer guitar licks helped a lot. His music always sounded good in a crowded bar.

I'm listening to one of his live albums with Link Wray on guitar as I write this. Rock Billy Boogie indeed. 








Robert Gordon albums in my collection:
  • Fresh Fish Special, 1978
  • Rock Billy Boogie, 1979
  • Bad Boy, 1980
  • Greetings From New York City, 1991
  • Satisfied Mind, 2004
  • The Way I Walk - Live, 2011

No comments: