Friday, October 7, 2022

Porch Sitting in Mt Airy

I've always loved sitting on a city porch and Katie's house in Mt Airy is no exception. In fact, her porch has a very nice vantage point of people driving up and down Mt. Pleasant Avenue, people walking back and forth to and from the train station down the street, and the SEPTA bus riders coming and going from the corner. They also have the advantage of being a corner house with a wrap-around porch.

I love sitting on their porch. I like watching the traffic and the people of the neighborhood. Recently during the last couple of visits it has especially been fun to sit on the porch with little Violet. She loves watching the cars and buses going by and just having a breeze on her face. She is such a fun little baby. We do love sitting on the porch with the kids.

Then of course there is the porch next door of this twin home and I wish I had a picture of that mess. Maybe next time we are down there. She is a hoarder and that porch is full with just enough space for the mail carrier and herself to get to the front door. There certainly is no place to sit on that porch.

I've always loved porch sitting and I do it at our house all the time. I did it a lot growing up in Germantown. We had a nice glass enclosed porch on Greene Street and could sit out there all year round. I liked the porch on Seymour Street too. Me and my friends often sat on that porch in the evening while drinking beer, smoking pot while listening to a Phillies game. Many times we would also be serenaded by the gospel choir practicing in the black church across the street. We also had the series luxury of sitting on the old bullpen bench from Connie Mack Stadium but that's another story.

No comments: