Monday, October 17, 2022

I Can Hear Music - Brian Wilsonesque

I Can Here Music - A Brian Wilsonesque Mix

A few years ago I put together some mixes that were Beach Boys music influenced and of course that mainly meant Brian Wilson. 

When I started looking into my collection I was really surprised at how many songs I had that fit the description of being Beach Boys influenced and so many that actually sounded like that band in almost every way. My California Dreamin' Brian Wilsonesque mega mix had about 150 songs. I broke that down and I'm putting together a few short mixes to load on MixCloud like this one.

It turns out that this mix as it is right now cannot be played on MicCloud because apparently there is a limit of 4 songs by one artist on a show. I used the Beach Boys seven times on this mix and therefore it violated their copyright rules. I will need to make some edits and adjustments in order to have this particular mix loaded and playable on MixCloud. In the meantime... here it is.


  • I Can Here Music - The Beach Boys
  • That's Why God Made The Radio - The Beach Boys
  • Ride - Wondermints
  • The Love Songs of B Douglas Wilson - Splitzville
  • God Only Knows - She & Him
  • Ever Thought of Coming Back - Kelley Stoltz
  • Forever - The Explorers Club
  • Don't Worry Baby - The Beach Boys
  • The Little Girl I Once Knew - The Beach Boys
  • Back In Your Arms Again - BMX Bandits
  • It's Nice To Be Nice - Pugwash
  • Pale and Precious - Dukes of Stratosphere
  • At My Most Beautiful - R.E.M.
  • The Warmth of the Sun - Matthew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs
  • Don't Mind - Jason Byrd
  • You're The Best - The Paley Brothers
  • Sycamore Bay - The Vinyl Kings
  • Outta Mind (Outta Sight) - Wilco
  • You're So Good To Me - The Beach Boys
  • Surf's Up - The Beach Boys
  • Falling Apart - Emile Haynie, Andrew Wyatt & Brian Wilson
  • Anyway - Frank Ciampi
  • London's a Lonely Town - Dave Edmunds
  • Criterion - The Ruby Suns
  • Cherry Sky - The Pearlfishers
  • Blind Date - The Squires of The Subterrain
  • Caroline, No - DM3
  • Good Vibrations - The Troggs
  • Sail On, Sailor - The Beach Boys
  • Do It Again - Brian Wilson, Wendy Wilson & Carnie Wilson

No comments: