Sunday, February 20, 2022

The Joy of Cooking

Becky took this book off the bookshelf the other day and put it in the recycle bin. I got that book for her in 1976. It was the 5th edition paperback of the Joy of Cooking that was published the previous year. It originally came out in 1931.

In 1976 Becky moved in with me on Seymour Street and I think I picked up that book later that year or maybe early 77. She used it a lot over the years and her copy was well worn and falling apart with pages going everywhere.

A new updated and expanded edition was published in 1997 and I got a hardbound copy of it for Becky's birthday in 2002. I inscribed a happy birthday to her on the inside cover.

Some of Becky's favorite recipes over the years from the book included the hot and sour soup and applesauce cake.








No comments: