Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Random Album Effect - Live At (1)

The Random Album Effect of live albums continues buy this set was a disappointment. I was glad I was busy concentrating on other things most of the time.

The Dr. Dog album had some good moments but overall a boring album. And specking of boring. Once again the Yeasayer album had a few interesting songs but overall the live versions of most of their songs were again boring.

Speaking of boring. The Stars live album had a few songs that were really good but over the course of the full live album... boring. Maybe by the time Roger Clyne came on I did not have very high expectations and once again there was disappointment. It seems like they were trying real hard to be Texan. Towards the end of the album the songs got a little better but I don't see myself listening to this one again.

I could really delete these four albums from my collection without any remorse. I'm really looking forward to moving on through my collection and this live at section. I see there are some classic live albums coming up.

  • Dr. Dog - Live at a Flamingo Hotel, 2015
  • Yeasayer - Live at Ancienne Belgique, 2013
  • Stars - Live at Austin City Limits Music Festival, 2007
  • Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers - Live at Billy Bob's Texas, 2005












No comments: