Thursday, February 24, 2022

New Boots

Earlier in this season I was struggling to get my winter boots on. I have had a couple of pairs of winter boots but they were both very old now. One was Timberlands and the other was Sketchers. They were both around twenty years old and had worn out some. It was time to replace them. I also have had a pair of big snow boots that I've continued to use just for shoveling snow. They slip on easy and work great in deep snow but I don't ever wear them going out.

I needed a good pair of boots for walking around the neighborhood in winter and for the occasional times we have gone somewhere the past couple of pandemic years. Maybe I'm thinking we will start going out again soon. Just idle speculation.

Becky ordered me a pair of boots online. It took two attempts. The first one arrived from Macy's (I think) and I tried them on. They were 8 1/2, my usual size, but tight and I felt squeezed in. We sent them back.

This was the first time I had ever got new boots by mail. I've always went to a store and took my time trying on different boots to find something that fit me well. They were usually 8 1/2 but occasionally I would need a size 9. Next Becky ordered me a pair of size 9 black Timberlands from Zappos. They came and fit perfectly and comfortably. They looked great too. I wore them around the house a couple of times to make sure they were the ones to keep and then wore them on our walks.

Last night I wore the boots when we went out to Halwalls for Becky's art show closing reception. The black boots looked good with the black jeans and black leather jacket. They were also very comfortable standing around in a gallery for a couple of hours.

No comments: