Wednesday, February 2, 2022

That Blueberry Skin

Yesterday I was driving down the street on my way to Canisius College to drop off a few books at the library when I looked in the car mirror and noticed a large piece of blueberry skin in my front teeth which was actually worse than what was in this picture here. I was potentially going to see several people I had worked with for many years and I had a moment of panic.

As I drove down Main Street heading to the campus I was scratching at my tooth with my fingernail and taking quick glances in the mirror to see if that dark spot was gone. It was looking like I got it. Parking was difficult because of the recently closed for renovation parking ramp and the still lingering large piles of snow on some of the side streets around the campus. I finally got a spot in the library lot as someone pulled out.

I put on my mask, grabbed the books and went into the library. There were only a couple of library staff members in the building as most everyone else was working from home.

This morning when I was brushing my teeth I remembered that blueberry skin in my teeth and then also remembered that when I went into the library I was wearing a mask. I laughed to myself because yesterday there was no need to panic about my teeth or to even clean them off. I was going to be wearing a mask and nobody would see that blueberry skin in my teeth anyhow so who cares?

No comments: