Sunday, February 6, 2022

Left Handed

I watched a segment of the CBS Sunday Morning show today that was on left handedness. It was a very interesting program although there really wasn't anything on the show that I didn't know about someone being left handed except for the interesting list of famous people that were left handed such as Paul McCartney, Mozart, Leonardo da Vinci, Jimi Hendrix, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, and so many more including all those great southpaw pitchers.

It also reminded me of growing up with my brother Tom who was left-handed and ten months younger than me which means we played together all the time. We learned to adjust the way we played together to accommodate for our different dominant hands. I was right-handed and he was left-handed which made a difference sometimes when we were sitting together on the floor with toys. We positioned ourselves for easy access. 

I remember when we were learning to write and the nuns tried to gently persuade him to switch hands. Being around Tom all the time made me not think anything bad about someone being left-handed. To me it was as natural as having a brother with different color hair than me.

There was a CBS news poll on left-handed people.

No comments: