Monday, February 12, 2024

Usher @ Halftime

R&B mega superstar Usher performed the Superbowl halftime show last night and this morning social media is swooning over what many many people are calling the best halftime show ever. Really? I guess I'm showing my age and generation now and I've always been a bib R&B fan but that show last night was mediocre at best. Lots of stupid costume changes too.

There were some good aspects to the show like the dancing marching band and the roller skating but the music and his singer were boring and over the hill. Very sad. The guests rappers, whoever they were, jumped around the stage squawking like some inside joke on the audience. Alicia Keys as a guest was good and maybe the vocal highlight of the show. I think I would have liked the Puppy Bowl halftime show a lot better.

I got to admit that I don't know much about Usher other than he has won a lot of Grammy awards and sold millions of records. I went on to Spotify and briefly listened to a bunch of his songs from the late 90's and throughout the 2000's up until right not. Over twenty years of music... I was not impressed.  Same old same old pop schlock with distorted vocals and rhythms and some dumb ass rap thrown in. Guy can't seem to sing with his shirt on either.

In my music collection I have a significant amount of music from 1996 to 2016 including hundreds of R&B albums. But no Usher. 

No comments: