Saturday, February 17, 2024

Gym for Veterans

Yesterday I received in the mail a postcard with information from Cohesion Studio which is a no cost gym and fitness center for veterans only specializing in health and wellness. They offer a life-time membership at no cost for veterans in a facility with certified personal fitness instructors. The promotional information urges veterans to sign up for free fitness classes at their location.

The address was a little familiar and I looked it up on Google Maps. I was very surprised to find that the gym is located in the same building that housed Better Wire Products where I worked back in 1979-1981. The gym is in the back of the building with access on Gelston Street which runs parallel with Niagara Street. The gym is right next to the shipping and receiving truck entrance where I worked. 

I am going to have to stop by this gym and check out that space. It's weird that this is the second business or organization in the Better Wire building that I've become aware of recently. The other is the Raft of Sanity art gallery in another part of the building where my office was located.

No comments: