Sunday, February 25, 2024

Jaunty Sailor 1970

I recently came across this old photo of me as a jaunty sailor from 1970 where I looked like I was getting ready to break into a salty jig on the desk of a ship. I found the photo while going through one of my old boxes of "stuff" up on the third floor while doing some cleanup. It had September 25, 1970 written on the back and I am standing in front of my locker next to a couple of barracks bunk beds. 

At the time I was stationed at Great Lakes Naval Center going to Machinist Mate A School and living in a barracks room with three other sailors attending that program. There was another picture in the box of those three other guys who all happened to be from Texas. It was an interesting experience as they all had never met a white guy from Philadelphia before and especially someone who never listened to country and western music. 


No comments: