Saturday, February 3, 2024

Sunny Winter Afternoon

Today was a beautiful sunny winter day. It was also the first blue sky sunny afternoon since some time in mid November. I'd been waiting throughout the months of December and January for a chance to sit in our backyard cabana sunroom and today I finally had that opportunity. I enjoyed every moment of it. I went out there around 2 pm and the sun was coming in the windows. The temperature soon reached 70 degrees. I was sitting in that comfy chair with my e-book tablet, music was playing and I had some writing materials nearby. I also started to doze off a little.

There were plenty of birds in the trees and squirrels running about. I even saw a rabbit which haven't been around too much the past few months. At one point I walked around the backyard a bit and saw plenty of daffodils poking through the soil and also a few snow drops in bloom. 

It's supposed to be sunny several more days this coming week which has me excited. Really looking forward to spring this year although overall it hasn't been too bad of a winter. Still have some time yet.


No comments: