Sunday, February 11, 2024

A New Med - Diclofenac Sodium

Last week I had an office visit with one of Dr. Daye's Orthopedic PAs to follow up on my dislocated shoulder. This appointment was a little over six weeks after my initial injury. I explained to her the level of pain I was enduring, my range of movements and my experience with physical therapy. Overall I am doing very well although I did have some periods of intense pain. 

The PA offered me cortisone shots to relieve the pain if I thought it was too intense. I declined. My pain came and went and the shots would be good for a pain that for long periods of time. That was not my situation. Instead she prescribed this diclofenac anti-inflammatory medication that I would take once a day. She also said that because of the potential impact on the stomach I should take the pantoprazole pills. So now I'm taking these two pills every day and it is actually making me feel better. I am having less pain. I have enough diclofenac for a month and hopefully that will be all I need.

I was told I am making good recovery progress and it usually takes about three months to feel back to normal again after a dislocated shoulder which means I still have a ways to go.

No comments: