Monday, February 19, 2024

Mind Games - Covers FV

I'm playing those mind games together.  I had just recently finished reading Sinead O'Connor's memoir and was listening to some of her music. I really loved her cover of John Lennon's Mind Games and wanted to start off a new covers mix with that song as the title track.

The hard part was finding songs I hadn't used yet in a covers mix that could possibly follow her version of that classic song. I was looking for a certain feel and now this is it which I just completed after a little tweaking.

Mind Games - Covers FV

  1. Mind Games – Sinead O’Connor (John Lennon)
  2. Downtown Train – Everything But The Girl (Tom Waits)
  3. Into The Mystic – Michael McDonald (Van Morrison)
  4. Show Biz Kids – Rickie Lee Jones (Steely Dan)
  5. More Than This – Norah Jones (Roxy Music)
  6. Wasn’t Born To Follow – Dusty Springfield (The Byrds)
  7. And When I Die – Peter, Paul and Mary (Laura Nyro)
  8. Who Knows Where The Time Goes? – 10,000 Maniacs (Sandy Denny)
  9. Baby, Now That I’ve Found You – Alison Krauss (The Foundations)
  10. It Ain’t Me Babe – Lucy Kaplansky (Bob Dylan)
  11. Speed Of The Sound Of Loneliness – Amy Black (John Prine)
  12. Bird On A Wire – Johnny Cash (Leonard Cohen)
  13. New York City Serenade – Pete Yorn (Bruce Springsteen)
  14. I’m On Fire – BoDeans (Bruce Springsteen)
  15. Better Be Home Soon – Minnie Driver (Crowded House)
  16. Four Seasons In One Day – Paul Kelly (Crowded House)
  17. Pale Blue Eyes – R.E.M. (Velvet Underground)
  18. Reason To Believe – The Youngbloods (Tim Hardin)
  19. Drift Away – Rod Stewart (Dobie Gray)
  20. Many Rivers To Cross – Joe Cocker (Jimmy Cliff)
  21. Nights In White Satin – Bettye LaVette (Moody Blues)
  22. Tracks Of My Tears – Aretha Franklin (Smokey Robinson & The Miracles)

No comments: