Friday, February 9, 2024

Third Floor Cleanup - Stuff

This is a big project. Over the past several months I have been gradually working on removing "stuff" from the 3rd floor that we don't need anymore. The first thing I did was get rid of a lot of CDs that I burned over the years with albums. I cleared out three CD shelves worth and now I reused those shelves in the basement for other kinds of storage including canned goods. Later I will get working on more CDs, lots more cassettes and then the vinyl.

I started getting rid of a lot of electronic stuff. I first began sorting it all into different piles before putting some in the trash. I couldn't believe how many old phones we had up there. First to go were the old land line phones and answering machines. Then I collected a big pile of cellphones which were the old flip phone kind with no personal information on

them. They went into some doggy bags and then the trash. I threw out large piles of wires and cables. Why did we have some many old TV and stereo cables stashed away up there? We also have several sets of computer speakers that will soon go along with a few more old computers. Those are a little more tricky to get rid of and I want to make sure there is no personal information stored on any of them.

There are about four or five older portable hard drives in a box and also a few drives and a reader. I would like to take a look at these drives for data and photos before getting rid of them.

Then there is the paperwork. Tons of files and papers to do through with a lot of it needing shredding.

No comments: