Sunday, November 12, 2023

Night Flight to Paris - Book

Night Flight to Paris by Cara Black, 2023

This is her second book to feature the American sniper Kate Rees during World War II. I read Cara Black's previous novel Three Hours in Paris in early 2021 which I liked a lot but this one was even better.

It's nearly two years later, October 1942, in this second book and Kate Rees has been working as a sharpshooting instructor in Scotland when she is recruited again for a sniper mission in Paris which turns into a more complicated assignment where she doesn't know what is going on next and who to trust. It's also another fascinatingly detailed perspective of Paris during the height of the German occupation. 

I couldn't stop reading this book. Part of the reason was that I had just gone on some steroid medication for my hip which gave me a buzz and kept me awake off and on throughout the night. I read. Because of my hip and back pain I also sat around more with a heating pad or cold pack and again I read. I downloaded the e-book from NYPL on Friday afternoon and finished it earlier today Sunday. 11/10 to 11/12. 

I hope there will be another book in this series but in the meantime I'll keep reading more of her contemporary Paris murder crime thrillers. Ten so far.

No comments: