Wednesday, November 29, 2023

8,000 Tons of Salt

The first winter weather advisory of the season has been issued for the city of Buffalo this morning. On the news they said there were 8 tons of salt ready for the roads of Buffalo along with about 50 plows. I guess I should get my snow shovel out of the basement.

Only one day left in November and we came close to having a snowless month. First time in a long while for a November. Tomorrow, the last day of the month, is supposed to be partly sunny and 45 degrees which is more of what we had throughout the month this year. It had been an unusually pleasant November this year and not like the recent past.

The rest of the weekend is supposed to be rainy and then more snow as the week progresses. We are hoping to be able to drive over to Sean and Ashley's next weekend to see our new baby granddaughter but we will have to see how things go.

But today there is about an inch or so of snow on the ground here but a lot more just south of the city. The snow advisory expires at 9 am. Then I will do a little cleanup. Becky is going over to CVS to get her vaccine booster shot. Then it will snow a little more this evening around the time I will be putting out the trash.

Also this morning Becky and I were both woken up by a murder of crows. At first I thought there was a flock of birds flying overhead and passing by but it went on too long and too loud. I looked out the back window and the trees in our backyard were filled with black crows making loud squawking sounds. 

No comments: