Friday, November 24, 2023

Bitches Brew - Miles Davis in Concert

Another post in my series about albums in my collection when I saw the artist perform the music from the album around the time it was released. Miles Davis on his Bitches Brew Tour. I saw her perform the Bitches Brew album at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago in the summer of 1970. It was a great show with an amazing lineup of musicians in his band.

I was stationed at the Great Lakes Naval Base at the time and regularly took the train down to Chicago on weekends to see live music. I would stay at the YMCA
where they had special USO supported rooms from where I could walk over the Aragon Ballroom to see concerts. I saw a lot of bands during the months at Great Lakes. I believe the opening acts for the Miles Davis show were a couple of rock bands that day including the Steve Miller Band but I couldn't verify it. I saw a lot of bands around that time in that venue and also the Chicago Auditorium and over at the waterfront park.

No comments: