Thursday, November 30, 2023

Abandoned Luncheonette - Hall & Oates in Concert

I first saw Hall & Oates in concert at the Main Point in July 1974. They were still touring the Abandoned Luncheonette album which was released in very late 1973.  John and I went there on a warm summer night to that small hot coffeehouse music club. The band was very tight and the music was awesome. They also played some songs with a little harder rock sound from their upcoming War Babies album which would be released at the end of the year.

I had already owned their album Abandoned Luncheonette and it was on very heavy rotation in our house on Seymour Street with both John and I both playing it regularly. It was, and still is, one of my favorite albums. 

John and I were going out and seeing a lot of music together from late 1973 into 1976. We still saw a few bands after that but not nearly as much as those first few years after I got out of the Navy. We would see Hall & Oates again a few months later at the Tower Theater opening for Lou Reed. At that time they were touring their War Babies album.

No comments: