Friday, February 3, 2023

Scuse Me While I Kiss The Sky - Songs 1967

Another set of songs from my collection released in 1967. This is another old mix that has undergone several transitions over the years... decades actually.

This mix, like the others in this series, runs a little over an hour and a half. There is a link to the Spotify playlist below.

I got both of the Jimi Hendrix albums released in 1967 right when they came out as I would in 1968 too. My biggest music regret is not seeing him perform live when I had four opportunities. Each time I had something else going on or was at another concert that weekend and always thought I would catch him next time but of course he died in 1970. In 68 and 69 he played The Electric Factory, Temple University, the Spectrum, the old convention hall in Philadelphia. I could've made any of those shows except for reasons like a family dinner, a junior prom, a basketball game and playing my sax someplace. That being said, during that time period I did see Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison three times each. Gram Parsons too.

Here is a link to this mix on Spotify.

Scuse Me While I Kiss The Sky - Songs 1967 

  1. Purple Haze – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
  2. Night of the Long Grass – The Troggs
  3. Plastic Fantastic Lover – Jefferson Airplane
  4. See Emily Play – Pink Floyd
  5. Pictures of Lily – The Who
  6. She’s My Girl – The Turtles
  7. Alone Again Or – Love
  8. Expecting To Fly – Buffalo Springfield
  9. Wear Your Love Like Heaven – Donovan
  10. Neon Rainbow – The Box Tops
  11. On A Carousel – The Hollies
  12. My World Fell Down – Sagittarius
  13. 10,000 Years Behind My Mind – Focus Three
  14. Mirage – Tommy James & The Shondells
  15. Ups and Downs – Paul Revere & The Raiders
  16. Dandelion – The Rolling Stones
  17. Itchycoo Park – Small Faces
  18. Tuesday Afternoon – The Moody Blues
  19. A Day In The Life – The Beatles
  20. Waterloo Sunset – The Kinks
  21. Conquistador – Procol Harum
  22. Run, Run, Run – The Third Rail
  23. My Back Pages – The Byrds
  24. Are You Gonna Be There (At The Love In) – The Chocolate Watch Band
  25. Slip Inside This House – 13th Floor Elevators
  26. The Great Banana Hoax – The Electric Prunes
  27. Underdog – Sly & The Family Stone
  28. Fire – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
  29. Joy – Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels
  30. Too Many Do – The Peanut Butter Conspiracy

No comments: