Sunday, February 19, 2023

Once Upon A Time - Songs 1965

Back to my early days of record collecting and the sounds of 1965. I had just started high school that year and was getting excited about going to dances and loving music. 

I started exploring the record stores in our neighborhood and some of the ones downtown.

I was also listening to more recommendations from other musicians in my high school bands and also with guys from my Mummers string band. Later on I would go out to see live music with the guys too but that would be another year or so.

1965 was also the year I really discovered Bob Dylan. Sure, I'd heard about him but I didn't really start to listen to him until then. The same could also almost be said about The Beatles. 

The mix runs for a little over an hour and a half and here is a link to the playlist on Spotify.

Once Upon A Time - Songs 1965

  1. Like A Rolling Stone – Bob Dylan
  2. My Generation – The Who
  3. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction – The Rolling Stones
  4. Day Tripper – The Beatles
  5. Baby Please Don’t Go – Them
  6. The Train Kept A-Rollin’ – The Yardbirds
  7. That’s The Way It Got To Be – The Poets
  8. You Stole My Love – The Mockingbirds
  9. I Want Candy – The Strangeloves
  10. Dance, Dance, Dance – The Beach Boys
  11. Keep On Dancing – The Gentrys
  12. I Like It Like That – The Dave Clark Five
  13. She’s Just My Style – Gary Lewis & The Playboys
  14. Love Potion Number Nine – The Searchers
  15. I Got You Babe – Sonny & Cher
  16. Younger Girl – The Lovin’ Spoonful
  17. As Tears Go By – Marianne Faithfull
  18. Colours – Donovan
  19. Tired Of Waiting For You – The Kinks
  20. I Know A Place – Petula Clark
  21. It’s Not Unusual – Tom Jones
  22. Goldfinger – Shirley Bassey
  23. I Put A Spell On You – Nina Simone
  24. When I’m Gone – Mary Wells
  25. What The World Needs Now Is Love – Jackie DeShannon
  26. Bye Bye Baby (Baby Goodbye) – The Four Seasons
  27. You Gave Me Somebody To Love – The Dreamlovers
  28. Cara Mia – Jay & The Americans
  29. A World Of Our Own – The Seekers
  30. You’re The One – The Vogues
  31. I’m Into Something Good – Herman’s Hermits
  32. The Girl’s Alright With Me – The Temptations
  33. She's Coming Home - The Zombies
  34. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Peter, Paul & Mary
  35. Michelle – The Beatles

No comments: