Tuesday, February 28, 2023

My Woolie Warmie

Over this winter I've been really enjoying wearing what I've been calling my woolie warmie sweater. It's a nice 100% wool sweater that I've had for a long time but only recently seemed to appreciate it for the special garment it really is. When I put it on in the late afternoon as the sun is setting I can really feel the warming difference over one of my other sweaters that are cotton or synthetic mixes. 

It's only been the past couple of years that I've been feeling the cold more intensely than I have over the years in the past. I've been cold a lot of the time this winter and the reason is because of the anti-stroke medicine I've been taken which is not exactly a blood thinner but similar. It is does make me feel the cold more intensely. The medicine is supposed to protect me from blood clots but I can't have a traditional blood thinner which is usually given because of my aneurysms. So this med makes me feel colder during the winter and suddenly that wool sweater has become an important part of my wardrobe. I've also been wearing a lot more fleece this winter. 

We also got a new furnace last year which supposedly has improved the heating in our house but I'm just cold so much more of the time. It certainly is better for me to have to need my woolie warmie than to run the risk of a stroke or aneurysm rupture. 

No comments: