Friday, April 26, 2024

Fish & Chips @ Cafe 59

Becky and I decided to go out for dinner this evening. We usually go out on a Wednesday or Thursday and usually on Fridays if we were heading out to an art opening. On this Friday evening we considered several restaurants but settled on one of our go-to favorite restaurants for a very good but unfancy dinner... Cafe 59 on Allen Street. We got a favorite table by the window and enjoyed a very nice time.

I had their wonderful Fish & Chips and Becky had their Chicken Finger Wrap. I had a couple of beers on tap... a Witte wheat beer from Ommegang Brewery in Cooperstown NY and then I followed that up with a Energy Dome Red Ale from Rare Form Brewery in Troy NY.

Overall a very pleasant evening. The restaurant was busy and the service was outstanding as usual. I've never had a meal there that wasn't delicious.


No comments: