Monday, April 8, 2024

Eclipse Totality

We were very lucky today that we got to experience the Eclipse Totality. It had been very cloudy all day but just at the right moment when the sun and the moon were doing their thing there were some gaps in the cloud cover letting the solar show peep through.

We sat in chairs in the wayback of the backyard as were our neighbors in their backyards. We did get a good view although I was not looking because of my very recent eye surgery. I did get to experience the totality of day turning into night and that very eerie time just before and just after the totality.

Everything happened right on time and the totality began at 3:18 pm. The street lights came on as did our backyard security light. Very weird. The birds got all quiet too.

I played some music while we were sitting out there... one of my Sy Fy mixes seemed appropriate. 


No comments: