Monday, April 22, 2024

Eye Doctor Again

This afternoon I had another appointment with an eye doctor. This time it was my regular doctor and not the cataract surgeon but it was a post-op follow-up visit. Everything went well. About three weeks ago I had another appointment at Ross Eye to check my eyes for glaucoma and had some tests done by a technician. They also did some tests on my vision which was 20/20 without glasses. Part of my visit today was to go over the results of the test with Dr. McGraw. 

So everything went well. She reviewed the test from last month and every thing was good. There were no increases in the potential glaucoma problem from the previous test results last year. She also checked out my eyes from the recent cataract surgery and everything was good. Then she also did a regular eye exam and my eyes were very good. She said I had outstanding results from the surgery.

I talked with her about some of the issues I had with using reading glasses and it was unusual for someone my age to not have reading glasses prior to cataract surgery and she assured me I would adjust and get used to the new need for reading glasses. We also talked about using mid-range glasses for computer work. She gave me a script for both reading and computer glasses but it would be best for me to try over-the-counter glasses first which I have started using. She gave me some numbers for the glasses I should try out.

I made an appointment to see her again in six months. At that time I may not need to use the glaucoma prevention eye drops anymore. That would be nice. Overall she said I was doing very well.

No comments: