Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Utopia Avenue

Utopia Avenue by David Mitchell, 2020

Finished reading in October 2020

The latest novel from David Mitchell about a fictional psychedelic rock band in the swinging 1960's London. I found this to be one of my favorite novels of the year and I've read a few really good ones. 

Lots of cameo appearances by the likes of John Lennon, Jerry Garcia, Keith Moon, Leonard Cohen, David Bowie, Mama Cass, Brian Jones, Janis Joplin, Diana Ross, etc kept things interesting in a strange way.

Some of the minor characters in the novel have appeared in several of Mitchell's previous works.


I was also reading this at the same time I was reading the biography of Jann Wenner and Rolling Stone magazine which was another perspective on some of the same era.

No comments: