Some Kitchen Listening with the reggae sounds of UB40 from albums in my collection. I have especially loved their reggae cover albums they've put out over the years and this set has three of them. Labour of Love I, II and III. The cover albums have great selections. I ended the set with their live album from 1983 which consist of songs from their first three studio albums and no covers.
It is fitting to listen to some UB40 on Labor Day. Their band name comes from the unemployment form used in the UK during the recession of the late 70's and early 80's. Unemployment Benefits form 40.
I think my next set of their music will be their early albums and then maybe a compilation.
This set:
- Labour of Love, 1983
- Labour of Love II, 1989
- Labour of Love III, 1998
- UB40 Live, 1983

No comments:
Post a Comment