Saturday, September 26, 2026

Tom's Wake & Memorial Service

I didn't take any pictures of Tom's memorial service. The whole thing was a blank. A very sad nothing.

Becky and I went there along with Sean who was in town for the Bills game on Sunday. There were a few people we knew at the wake but not a lot. We got there around 3 pm and the service was scheduled at 4. The wake began at 1 pm so we missed a few people who came early and left. I wish we had done the same thing.

So we stood around for an hour and fortunately there were some of Donna's cookies available on a table in a side room. They were a hit as always. There was also a large pile of sandwiches that nobody seemed to be interested in. 

At the front of the main room there were several posters containing pictures of Tom. Almost all of them were him as a child, teenager and young adult that were supplied by his family members. At the other end of the room was a large TV screen that had a large number of digital photos that were supplied by mostly Dave and me and also photos Dave took off of Tom's computer and phone. On the floor below the screen was a music speaker that Dave had just acquired from BJ's that provided music for the wake. The speaker had an input for the flash drive I had given Dave containing the jazz mix I made for the service. I did hear some compliments about the low key jazz in the background when some folks heard that I provided the music. I got no thank you from Tom's wife and only heard complaints about the music from her. Some things will never change.


No comments: