I also gathered together a bunch of cans of varnishes and stains. I registered for the recycling and got an appointment to deliver the paint at 10:45 am over at the UB South campus. The collection was happening in the parking lot right off Main Street near the subway station.
First I collected the cans and brought them out of the basement and out to the table by the shed on Friday. Then Saturday morning I loaded everything into the back of the car over top of a large plastic bag. There were 9 regular paint cans, a box of 6 varnish cans and a bag of 5 cans of stains and 1 bottle.
I left a little early because I expected a crowd. And there was a crowd but the organization of the event was amazing. I got there about 10:30 and was directed into a line in the lot. There were at least a dozen cars in front of me and there were actually two lines of the same amount of cars. We actually moved forward quickly and it didn't take very long for my car to get emptied of paint cans when I moved alongside a table where everything was sorted. There must have been at least 30 people working the recycling including controlling traffic and putting sorted cans in their proper place. It was incredible how organized everything was here.
After the car was emptied, but they did put the empty bag and box back in, I was directed along a path to Bailey Ave where I left the campus. I was home in my driveway by 11 am to the surprise of Becky.
After the car was emptied, but they did put the empty bag and box back in, I was directed along a path to Bailey Ave where I left the campus. I was home in my driveway by 11 am to the surprise of Becky.
I was so amazed at this process I took a few photos. The last one was the line of cars I saw as I first entered the campus. 15 minutes later I was leaving the campus with no more paint and varnish in my car.






No comments:
Post a Comment