Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Tom's Body and Soul Mix

Tom's jazz mix. I put this four hour mix together at the request by Dave after he had a request from Tom's wife to have some jazz music playing during his funeral wake visitations and memorial service. Dave doesn't have any jazz in his collection so he asked me. Tom and I listened to jazz a lot over the years and I know what he likes and I also have a sense of what to play in the background during a wake.

The music here is mostly very quiet and there are lots of familiar tunes including jazz standards, covers and some film soundtracks... all instrumentals.

There are 40 pieces of music running about 4 hours. I put created a playlist file and copied it to a flash drive along with some photos of Tom I found. I also put the playlist on YouTube Music and put a link to it below.

Tom's Body and Soul - A Jazz Mix

  1. Body and Soul - Lee Konitz
  2. All Blues - Miles Davis
  3. I Remember Wes - George Benson
  4. Goodbye Pork Pie Hat - Charles Mingus
  5. Misty - Grant Green & Brother Jack McDuff
  6. Greensleeves - John Coltrane
  7. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - Thelonious Monk
  8. Night Train - Jimmy Smith & Wes Montgomery
  9. Song For My Father - Horace Silver
  10. The Madison Time (Pt.2) - Ray Bryant
  11. Willow Weep For Me - Dexter Gordon
  12. On A Clear Day You Can See Forever - Shirley Scott & Stanley Turrentine
  13. My Favorite Things - John Coltrane
  14. Blue In Green - Bill Evans
  15. Summertime - Miles Davis
  16. God Bless The Child - Sonny Rollins
  17. A Day In The Life - Wes Montgomery
  18. Europa (Earth's Cry Heaven's Smile) - Gato Barbieri
  19. Amarcord - Nino Rota
  20. You Go To My Head - Bud Powell
  21. My One and Only Love - Pepper Adams
  22. There Will Never Be Another You - Jimmy Smith
  23. Take Five - George Benson
  24. On Green Dolphin Street - Ahmad Jamal
  25. Stella By Starlight - Jim Hall
  26. So What - Miles Davis
  27. Waltz For Debby - Bill Evans
  28. Autumn Leaves - Cannonball Adderley
  29. My Little Brown Book - John Coltrane
  30. Blue Monk - Thelonious Monk
  31. Exodus (Main Theme) - Eddie Harris
  32. Promise Of The Morning - Jon Mark
  33. A Lotus On Irish Streams - Mahavishnu Orchestra
  34. Love Theme From Blade Runner - Vangelis
  35. Midnight Rendezvous - Suzanne Ciani
  36. Red's Good Groove - Red Garland
  37. Satin Doll - McCoy Tyner
  38. Ruby, My Dear - John Coltrane & Thelonious Monk
  39. Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club
  40. Willow Weep For Me - Grant Green

YouTube Music - Tom's Body and Soul Mix

No comments: