Yesterday evening I had my 24th brain scan to monitor my multiple brain aneurysms. I think this is the first time I got scanned during Brain Aneurysm Awareness Month. My first scan was a CATscan in November 1988 that showed negative results and then a follow-up angiogram a few months later revealed two aneurysms. Since then I have had a brain scan every two or three years. Then later MRIs, MRAs and now CTAs. These scans after my surgery were used to keep track of the large aneurysm that was clipped and to monitor the smaller one behind my eye that at the time was considered inoperable. Technology and updated procedures have improved and if that aneurysm acted up it could be quickly removed. Also over the years that improved scanning technology enabled the discovery of a couple more small aneurysms and my continuing CTA scans I've been having every two or three years.


No comments:
Post a Comment