It's hard to believe that terrible terrorist attack on the World Trade Center on 9/11 was twenty five years ago today. We remember that incident every year on the anniversary day and the follow-up attacks on the Pentagon and the related airline hijackings. I remember the shock of that day like it was yesterday even 25 years later.
I can never forget. I was working at the Canisius College Library that morning and I was working down the stairs to the lower level I heard a student cry out. There was a TV near the bottom of the stairs in a little lounge and I usually had CNN on the TV. There was a group of students crowded into the lounge watching the news of the plane that had just crashed into the World Trade Center tower. It was very shocking and I stood their watching the coverage.
A little while later I had gone over to the Old Main lunch room and lounge. There was a TV there too with student, faculty and staff watching the events unfold and we saw the 2nd plane strike the other tower. It was shocking.
I also couldn't help thinking about two weeks earlier me and my son Sean were on the observation deck of that very same World Trade Center tower while in NYC looking at colleges for Katie. She and Becky were doing some shopping while me and Sean went down to Wall Street and decided to check out the top of the towers.
It had just happened that during the 20th anniversary of 9/11 I was reading a biography... The Rise and Fall of Osama bin Laden.

No comments:
Post a Comment