Monday, February 28, 2022

A French Country Bread

Earlier today Becky made a French country bread while I was in bed recovering from a 24 hour virus. I was sleeping most of the day and she was in the kitchen making another wonderful loaf of bread.

The bread was actually called Pain de Campagne which is a traditional round country bread that is a mealtime staple in French homes. The recipe was in one of Becky's recent additions to her collection of cookbooks America's Test Kitchen Bread Illustrated. It is a wonderful book full of amazing recipes. We regularly watch their show on one of the several cooking shows we get on Sling TV. 

It was also a wonderful bread that I had this morning. I first had a piece plain and then one toasted with fruit jam. It was very good and I'm looking forward to having more of it over the next several days.





No comments: